Thursday, June 28, 2012

Embracing Social Media and Overwhelmed

Welcome to Blog Post #2 for Mind Your Own Body

Blogged by Kevin M. Norris

June 28, 2012

I hope you are having a happy, healthy and productive day!

Let me start by saying that I love social media and while I am overwhelmed with learning what I can, I am having a blast! I have truly found a new passion and it's just what I needed to kick my career in the butt.  And I am reading and learning at a level that I had not previously experienced.  It has been a rapid and exciting learning experience.

I decided that in order to be a part of the bigger game and make a larger impact in the health and fitness world, I had to embrace social media.  I know, it's about time!  Remember, I just dumped my AOL e-mail address after 18 years.  So I am a little behind.  Do you think I should Upgrade from my rotary phone now?

So my overall goal with social media is indeed to reach a broader audience, but take note I won't compromise quality for quantity.  I will read everything I send out until I can hire someone that shares my passion, knowledge and attention to detail.  

Perhaps this approach is crazy and naive, but in the few short weeks a have been using social media, I am rather appalled at some of the information that is being posted throughout social media sites on a professional level.  I believe that anything I send out is a reflection of me and Mind Your Own Body and I will discern over everything I post.  And as I stated in my first blog post, I will only be using social media for professional purposes and while I will certainly add a personal touch, I will not be Tweeting or posting overt personal information.  And Twitter and the like will not be gossipy resources. 

Nonetheless, I am overwhelmed and learning as I go, which is quite rapidly!.  But, how can I possibly learn how to navigate all these social media sites effectively without professional assistance?  Twitter, Facebook, Linked In, Pinterest, HootSuite, Google + and the list goes on and on.  As a small business owner I don't have the operating budget or the luxury to hire a Social Media Manager.  So for now I am absorbing what I can and learning as I go.  And the learning process is very time consuming and I have completely embedded myself into the world of social media.  Some days I never leave my office or step away from the computer.

Please put the word out that I am offering a bartering exchange for personal training services.  If you know anyone that is a social media manager/expert and needs a personal trainer in Washington, DC, please have them get in touch with me directly,

I would love to hear from other small business owners on how they manage their own social media. management and also, which three social media outlets have been the most successful for them.  What about having 6, 8 or over 10 social media links?   When does it become overkill?


For now I am confident that you can join me and follow me on several of the top rated sites.  In doing so, I promise to deliver a wide variety of up-to-date topics, resources and information, all of which will be about Health, Fitness, Exercise, Personal Training, Nutrition, Outdoor Boot Camp, Motivation, Inspiration, Happiness and Fun and there will be a Social Media component included as it relates to Health and Fitness and Mind Your Own Body.


I am confident that all your personal health and fitness needs can be met in working with Mind Your Own Body, LLC. and in with the social media content and resources that will be available.


Click on This Link to go to the Mind Your Own Body, LLC Fan Page and "Like" the page
Mind Your Own Body - Facebook Fan Page

Linked In Profile and Resume



We welcome all your feedback, comments and suggestions to help make this Blog useful and timely for our members and have fun along the way..


Yours in Personal Health and Fitness!
Kevin M. Norris
Owner/Mind Your Own Body, LLC







No comments:

Post a Comment